Aspen Snowboarding – is it OK to Go (2020 Update)
This post will help you make informed decisions by directing you to the Aspen Snowmass ® COVID Operating Procedures. With this information, you can make informed decisions for yourself and your family if it is OK to go snowboarding and skiing in Aspen for the winter season 2020-2021.
Though we are writing this post during times of COVID, at The Happiness Function, we want to stay inspired and know it is acceptable to dream now and visit later. We hope this post inspires post-covid travel.
We wanted to write a post for you on spending a lovely weekend in the Aspen area, but we were unsure what to expect for the 2020-2021 winter season during times of COVID.
So, we did a little research for our readers.
Aspen Snowmass ® COVID Operating Procedures – Get the Scoop
With so many places closed and travel being restricted this year due to COVID, many of us have been holding our breath on what this year’s ski and snowboard season is going to look like in the Rockies.
Being curious, we started to research how the ski and snowboard resorts were going to handle the pandemic.
Should people buy season passes or not? Is it OK to go snowboarding and skiing this year?
We were impressed with all this in mind as we read everything Aspen Snowmass ® is doing for the upcoming skiing and snowboarding season.
Click here to be directed to their COVID operating procedures.
Aspen Snowmass ® recently published how they will be handling the following:
- Pitkin County COVID traveler affidavit
- Contactless online bookings
- Mandatory Masks
- Social Distancing
- Limiting Capacity
Read their published information to check out specifics and make informed decisions for yourself.
Keep in mind; if you decide to travel this year, some things may be closed.
Aspen Ski and Snowboarding Mountains
There are four Aspen mountain ski resorts to choose from. All are exercising the COVID Operating Procedures.
- Aspen Mountain – is located downtown Aspen (previously called AJAX)
- Aspen Highlands – steeper, southwest of downtown, fewer crowds
- Snowmass – my personal favorite for snowboarding
- Buttermilk – also excellent for snowboarding
If you decide to go this year, or another time, check out our article on how to have a really good time in Aspen snowboarding or skiing like a local!
This article includes fun travel activities for those of you not up for skiing or snowboarding as well.
We hope you have a great trip to Aspen when you go and that your trip inspires happiness. Being in the mountains is always a soulful and uplifting experience.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts on snowboarding and our favorite mountain resorts in Colorado.
Ashlee & Pablo
Get more Western Colorado adventures!
Where are you headed next? You might also enjoy reading:
- Plan the Ultimate Weekend Snowboarding in Aspen (Like a Local)
- Colorado Maroon Bells: How to Visit & Best Trails to Hike
- Guide to Hiking Hanging Lake in Colorado (2022 Update)
- Colorado National Monument: How to Spend One Perfect Day Exploring
- Hike to Rattlesnake Arches in Western Colorado (See 8 Arches)
- 9 Day Hikes in Grand Junction with the Best Views